What is Mindfulness?
MINDFULNESS IS SIMPLY (but not always easily) THE PRACTICE OF BEING PRESENT IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
It is truly as simple (and as difficult) as that.
- Are you aware that you are breathing just now?
- Can you feel where your clothes touch your body?
- Is there any tension or pain in your body or is it relaxed?
- Are you paying attention, in this moment, to whether you are hungry, thirsty, tired or something else?
- What about your internal organs – are you aware of them? Perhaps you have had a meal recently and can feel it digesting… Maybe you can pick up the rhythm of your heart beat…
- What can you see around you? Look again – what did you miss?
- What can you hear? Listen again…
- Can you taste or smell anything?
- How about your emotions? Are you in touch with feelings of hurt, anger, longing, fear, despair, joy……?
What stops us from being Mindful?
Here are some of the things people often say
- My life is so busy – so much to do, so little time
- I find it so hard to relax
- I worry about things that have happened in the past or which may happen in the future.
- I feel anxious all the time.
- I find it really difficult to be still and silent
- I rarely take time out ‘just for me’
- I am always doing something
Maybe you recognise or resonate with some of these statements. If so, Mindfulness could help you to live a more peaceful and fulfilling life….
At MCTC, we are currently running a Mindfulness Course called
on Thursdays 6.00 – 7.30
and there are still some places left for some of the sessions
There are 6 sessions remaining in which we will focus on different aspects of ourselves
16th June Mindfulness of THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS
23rd June Mindfulness of the EYES
1st July Mindfulness of the EARS
8th July Mindfulness of the VOICE
22nd July Mindfulness in the SENSE OF TOUCH
29th July Mindful EATING
Each session of the course stands alone so people can attend one, some or all of the sessions. And, the sessions build on each other because what we are working towards is a regular practice of Mindfulness so that we can sustain that more peaceful way of living.
If you would like to attend any of the remaining sessions, just get in touch with the office MCTCcomms@outlook.com.