One evening per week + two full days, one at the beginning and one at the end
65 Hours of training in Interpersonal Helping Skills
2nd April – 23rd July
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE
The course will be helpful for
- Anyone interested in pursuing their own interior journey
- Anyone wishing to develop their listening and helping skills
- People in caring professions – social workers, nurses, carers, doctors…
- Those who hold pastoral roles – teachers, managers, chaplains, HR professionals, youth workers…
- Ministers, priests and people living in religious communities…
- Leaders of organisations or communities – police officers, council workers…
- Anyone considering further training in counselling or psychotherapy
At MCTC, we believe that I must look at my own interior processes and do the work to repair the damage that I have sustained along life’s journey, before I can be of any help to others. If I do not do this constantly, then I am always in danger of projecting my own issues onto others and causing them further damage.
It is for this reason that all our therapists and trainers at the Centre are in ongoing personal therapy themselves.
It is also why all our training has a strong experiential element and the Foundation Course is no exception.
Topics on the course include
- The Dynamic Life Cycle
- What it means to be human
- Loss and Bereavement
- Transference and Projection
- and many more
… all in the context of group discussion, work in pairs, observed listening, role play, art work, meditation and sharing of personal journeys as well as the teaching input.
There is no written work although participants are encouraged to keep a personal journal throughout.
PLEASE SHARE THIS THROUGH YOUR NETWORKS